Provident: prudent, thrifty, sensible, economical

Monday, November 14, 2011

College Sports => cheap family fun


There are a number of financial perks to studenthood and one of them is that magical ID card that gets you into college sporting venues. I regret not going to more BYU football, basketball, and volleyball games as an undergrad. I went to a few, but it didn’t occur to me that when I left it would cost me a lot of money to see quality sporting events (please, no wisecracks from Ute fans about the quality of BYU sports). At William & Mary, we’ve been to football games, basketball games, field hockey matches, and tennis matches at little or no charge. The really good deals for basketball come during Christmas break, when all the undergrads are out of town so they offer free tickets to fill the seats. For fellow W&M students, check http://tribeathletics.com/ for the calendar of upcoming athletic events.

No comments:

Post a Comment