Provident: prudent, thrifty, sensible, economical

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Airline Miles for Magazines

Several months ago I started getting ads in the mail from Delta and United Airlines inviting me to use my award miles to buy magazines. I took them up on the offer and have been enjoying subscriptions to The Economist, Forbes, and the Wall Street Journal. It was a great deal for two reasons: first, I don’t fly often enough to accumulate enough miles to use them for air fare before the miles expire; and second, using rewards miles to fly is a pain in the neck anyway. So I got subscriptions that, even at the discounted student rate, would have cost me hundreds of dollars for essentially nothing.   I’m always skeptical of stuff from airlines, but this has proven to be a great deal, and there wasn’t even the catch of having to give them my credit card number and have to remember to cancel the subscription in a year. The website is magsformiles.com and includes a number of major airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment